With sleet, freezing rain and ice, Loudoun County officials remind residents to be prepared for treacherous conditions on roadways, sidewalks and parking lots if you must be out this morning. In addition, there is the possibility of downed trees and power lines and possible flooding of streams and creeks.
There are precautions you can take to stay safe:
• Remember the phrase; "Get where you need to go before the weather gets bad."
• Do not travel unless absolutely necessary.
• Use extreme caution when driving and walking.
• If sidewalks are icy, take short steps and bend slightly.
• If you fall, avoid using your arms to protect against breaks.
More information on winter preparedness is online at www.loudoun.gov/winter.