Drivers are urged to delay travel today until at least 10 a.m., as Virginia Department of Transportation crews continue working to clear and treat roads in Loudoun, Fairfax, Prince William and Arlington counties.
Interstates and major primaries are passable with extreme caution. Other roads were also plowed continuously overnight but still have a layer of snow and ice.
What drivers should know today:
- HOV restrictions are lifted on I-66, I-395 and the Dulles Toll Road. HOV-3 requirements still apply on the 495 and 95 Express Lanes.
- Eastbound I-66 X lanes will be unavailable for the morning rush hour, as crews continue to clear shoulders.
- Crews continue to clear interstates, major roads and neighborhood streets concurrently. Check www.vdotplows.org to see the status of plowing in neighborhoods.
- If you can, park in your driveway or on the odd-numbered side of the street to allow plows room to pass.
- After a plow has passed, roads will be passable, but will not be bare pavement and may remain snow-packed.
- Stay off the roads or delay trips to allow crews time to safely treat the roads.