VDOT will lift lane closures on interstates and other major roads in Virginia during the following dates and times:
- Noon, Wednesday, Dec. 24, to noon, Friday, Dec. 26,
- Noon, Wednesday, Dec. 31, to noon, Friday, Jan. 2, 2015.
Northern Virginia High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Schedule and Other Information
- Wednesday, Dec. 24 − Normal HOV restrictions are in effect.
- Thursday, Dec. 25− HOV restrictions on Interstate 95, Interstate 395 and Interstate 66 are lifted. I-95/395 reversible lanes will be northbound on Christmas Day.
- Friday, Dec. 26− HOV restrictions on I-95, I-395 and I-66 are lifted. The I-95/395 reversible lanes will be northbound until 10:30 a.m. They will reopen southbound at 1 p.m.
Tolling begins Monday, Dec. 29, on the I-95 Express Lanes (between Edsall Road in Fairfax County and Garrisonville Road in Stafford County). Drivers will need either an E-ZPass Flex (for HOV-3 to ride free) or an E-ZPass to use the lanes at all times. Get more information at www.95expresslanes.com.
- Wednesday, Dec. 31: Normal HOV restrictions are in effect. I-95/395 reversible lanes will remain southbound through the evening and on New Year’s Day.
- Thursday, Jan. 1: HOV restrictions on I-395 and I-66 are lifted. I-95/395 reversible lanes will remain southbound until midnight and switch to northbound by 2 a.m. Friday, Jan. 2.
- Friday, Jan. 2: Normal HOV restrictions are in effect.
- 95 Express Lanes: Roadway improvements for the 29-mile corridor of the new I-95/395 Express Lanes, between Garrisonville Road in Stafford County and Edsall Road in Fairfax County, opened to traffic on Dec. 14.
Drivers are reminded to stay alert and use caution when driving in and around the Express Lanes corridor through the holidays, as new lanes, traffic patterns and access points are open.
Lane closures will be restricted during the holiday hours as listed above, but motorists should expect daytime and nighttime closures on this stretch of I-95/395 outside these designated dates while crews put finishing touches on the new roadway.
Get more information from VDOT.
For the latest Loudoun County traffic news and information, subscribe to Loudoun County Traffic via your favorite RSS reader, or get Loudoun County Traffic by e-mail.